---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search This Site By Keywords


Handy Kitchen Tips

Sayali Bhagat’s Butter Chicken Recipe

MY FAVOURITE DISH
“My favourite dish is butter chicken.”

I LIKE TO EAT AT
“I like to eat at Peshawari ITC, because the food there is simply yummy and delicious.”

MY FAVOURITE CUISINE
“After Indian, it’s Italian.”

BEST MEAL I’VE EVER HAD
“I had yunmmy authentic Chinese cuisine in China, with all the contestants of Miss World in 2004.”

My non-food passions
“I like driving.”

MY FAVOURITE RECIPE
“Butter chicken.”


Ingredients

Chicken (skinned, boned and diced): 1 kg
Curd: 150 ml
Almonds (crushed): 50 gm
Cinnamon (crushed): 1/4 tsp
Cloves (crushed): 1/4 tsp
Bay leaves (crushed): 1/4 tsp
Green cardamom: 4
Ginger pulp: 1 tsp
Garlic pulp: 1 tsp
Tomatoes (chopped): 400 gm
Onions (chopped): 2
Fresh coriander (chopped): 2 tbsp
Fresh cream: 4 tbsp
Chilli powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
Corn oil: 1 tbsp I Butter: 75 gm
Salt to taste

Method

>> Take a bowl and put curd, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, ground almonds and salt.
>> Blend well.
>> Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Pour over the curd mixture.
>> Heat butter and oil together in a pan. I Put onions and fry for three minutes.
>> Add the chicken mixture.
>> Saute for about seven to 10 minutes.
>> Add half of the coriander leaves. Blend well.
>> Add cream. Stir for sometime. Simmer.
>> When the chicken is done, garnish with the remaining coriander leaves before serving.
>> Tastes best with parathas or chappatis.
Related Posts with Thumbnails