---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search This Site By Keywords


Handy Kitchen Tips

Arjan Bajwa's Favourite Dish Tandoori Fish Recipe

Arjan says he is a non-vegetarian and loves anything in chicken, but likes to experiment with different cuisines. Arjan's favourite dish is Tandoori Fish. See below for the recipe.

Arjan's Favourite Dish: Tandoori Fish


Ingredients

> 2 lbs of any white fish fillets (cut into 2-3-inch pieces)
> 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
> 4 cloves garlic
> 1/3 cup vinegar
> 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
> 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
> 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
> 1/2 cup vegetable oil
> Salt To Taste

Method

Blend together ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt, coriander, cumin, cayenne and oil in the blender to form a fine paste.

Marinate the fish pieces into the paste and keep for about 4 hours in the refrigerator.

Pre-heat the oven on maximum heat at broil.

Cover the oven tray with foil to avoid mess. Place the marinated fish pieces on the tray and broil for about 8-10 minutes.

Turn over and broil for about 8 minutes again. Keep a constant check. Broiling time may vary depending on the thickness of fish pieces.

Serve the tandoori fish hot with your favourite chutney


Arjan's Other Food Favourites

Bollywood actor Arjan Bajwa

My favourite dishes from my home town:
Any cuisine available in Delhi. It can be the Indian dishes at Pandara Road to Parathewali Galli to all the Bengali mithais.

My favourite cook from my family is:
My grandmother. Her mango pickle, tea and parathas are awesome. The food she cooks evokes memories of my school days.

I am an expert at:
Making tea and boiling eggs. I can make a good continental breakfast too. And great black dal and toss up some pasta.

I am a dessert person:
I love dark chocolates, caramel custard and rasmalai.

In my fridge you'll always find:
Red wine, mint chutney, milk, olives and barbeque sauce. I know some are all sinful but that's why I have them stocked. I like to store nuts and biscuits in the fridge as they remain fresh and crunchy.

When I am shooting I always carry:
Premixed coffee sachets as I like my coffee mostly dark and strong. Coffee served on the sets is mostly doodh mein coffee. Thankfully there are a lot of cafes around now.

I lose my appetite:
When I am unwell. I dream of everything delicious when I am ill because it is forbidden. It frustrates me.

Food on the sets of my film Fashion:
I ate lunch with my director, Madhur. We would start with sprouts followed by a fish dish and chicken curry. There was mithai to top it all.
Related Posts with Thumbnails